Wednesday, March 11, 2009

TV Shows

As I sit here, Michael is watching the new South Park which he has been eagerly anticipating for Lord knows how long. And, it made me start to think how drastically different the shows that guys and girls watch and "must see" are. For example, I cannot miss Gossip Girl, Grey's Anatomy, Real Housewives of OC and NYC and I am always able to watch (many thanks to DVR!!). I think the the only show that Michael would die if he didn't see is South Park.

The good thing is that we both really like CSI and Law & Order: SVU so we can watch that together without the other one huffing and puffing. But, it just strikes me as funny how girls become more obsessed with show than guys do. And, you never hear guys gossiping over shows like girls do, ie: "OMG, I can't believe that Jason did that to Melissa on the Bachelor. JERK!" You catch my drift?

I think that DVR/TiVo has probably saved a lot of relationships when it comes to TV shows. Girls don't have to watch stupid guy shows and the same goes for guys having to watch girly shows. Not to mention nobody has to suffer through commercials when the suspense leaves you hanging!!

Randomness: The South Park episode Michael is watching was just talking about how couples hang out with couples that like the same thing. Then it flashes to these couples sitting around a table saying "We LOVE Grey's Anatomy. Do you love Grey's Anatomy?" Then the next couple says the same thing and they go around the table all saying the same thing. AWKWARD

No comments:

Post a Comment