Thursday, March 12, 2009

Parallel Parking Skills

This morning I went to the East Bay Center for Creative Reuse to see what it was all about. I had read about it on Yelp.com (my new workplace) and was drooling over it. What it is basically is the Goodwill for crafters and teachers. They are SUPER cheap and have a bunch of random stuff from stamps to fabric and leather to empty toilet paper rolls. Everything is donated, I believe, and I guess the premises is "Somebody's Trash is Another Person's Treasure."

Well, I didn't find any treasure there today. I guess it just wasn't what I was expecting. I wasn't really in the 'sort through the boxes' kind of mood (like you have to be at Forever21. So, maybe that was my problem. I mean, I definitely can tell how people could come out of there with a bag of "junk" and end up making something really pretty.

Anyways...the point of this post is to brag about the parallel parking that I did!! There was a free parking spot on the front curb and I was super excited. Now, I am not a horrible parallel parker, it just normally takes me a few times in drive and reverse to make sure I am in 100%. Well, that was NOT the case today!! I pulled up to and then lined myself up with the car in front of the empty spot. I shifted into reverse, started to turn my wheel and slowly glided into the spot. A turn of the wheel here, a tap of the break there. I was kind of paranoid because there were people standing right next to the spot, but it didn't seem to phase me. In about 25 seconds I had PERFECTLY backed right into the spot. I didn't have to adjust, or anything!!!!

I was so excited - basically beyond myself!! I think it really made me think that today is a great day!! Yay for a perfect parallel parking experience!!

I am sure it won't ever happen again, but oh well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment