Saturday, October 24, 2009

Thanks Mom...

I know that getting traits from you parents is inevitable. These gorgeous baby blues that look at the world everyday are compliments of my mother (Crazy Sue), while my height I can thank my father....err....maybe that skipped his generation. Well, if it didn't come from my Dad, I do think it came from that side- somewhere. So, thanks! My point being- everyone is bound to be a combination of their Mom & Dad's looks to some degree.

The thing I find funny is the personality traits & weird quirks that you inherit from your parents. What made me think of this was the fact that I am sitting on my couch writing this after I just rearranged my whole living room (Michael is going to be so excited when he gets home). I tend to rearrange some part of the house every few weeks, and this is definitely something that I got from Crazy Sue. I remember coming home from school - or waking up in the morning sometimes- to a whole new kitchen/living/dining room. Crazy Sue would get the creative urge, and instead of making a greeting card or baking a cake, she would move furniture. And I am not taking swapping out one picture for another on the mantel. She would take furniture that was in the living room to the dining room and vice versa. It was like a puzzle that could be fit together 20 different ways- and she was bound to do it ever way possible.

So, while I was pushing my couch from one side of the room to the other, I just burst out laughing. Partly because I am not sure if this new arrangement is going to work, and secondly, because my Mom would be so proud that she passed this onto me. Oh Crazy Sue!! I guess there are worse things I could have gotten from my Mom- like how she says "roll-y-coaster" instead of "rollercoaster." Michael is going to go bonkers when he gets home, but I guess that's what he gets for being gone on a Saturday when I am feeling 'inspired.'

So, now, I will enjoy this new set up- until I come up with an even better one in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment