Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Black, Orange and Nothing to Wear

So, Halloween is 3 days away, and in my normal fashion, I still don't know what I am going to be. Well, for the Halloween Party at work on Friday I have a costume that is part of a group, but as for a costume for the main event, I am drawing a blank. Sure, I could buy a pair of wings and be an angel (which would only be dressing up in my true colors) or find some typical costume that lacks creativity. I just can't seem to think of anything to be.

And when Halloween comes, I can't help but think of one of the best movie quotes I have ever heard, compliments of the movie Mean Girls. "Halloween is the one night a year when girls can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it. "

Now, I am not innocent when it comes to taking a perfectly wholesome costume and turning it into the scandalous version. Like, when I was homemaker Barbie - complete with a slip, apron, spatula and heels. Or a cowgirl in platforms and a tied up flannel. It is not hard to find a cute idea for a costume, cut the amount of material needed in half and have a nice "adult" version of the costume!

I just can't haven't found something that I really want to be. Everything I find is either too time consuming to create, too boring or just not fun. So, hopefully I will be inspired between now and Saturday when it is time to go out. And if not, well, Michael and I will just wait to go out until later when everyone is drunk and won't remember that we don't have costumes. hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment